Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Hitting the road!


Oh pioneer, I sing your song.
It's the hymn of those who've gone before and those who carry on.
Pioneer, your work is hard,
but the future of us all rests on the shoulders of your heart.

Where are we going?
I don't know, but still I gotta go.
What will become of us?
I don't care.
All I know is I'll go anywhere, pioneer.

---------

The lyrics of that The Band Perry song have always reminded me of the Mister and resonated with me in regard to what our lifestyle will be as a military family.  I'm singing them over and over again in my head tonight as we pack the truck and prepare to begin our travels in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow.

Please send good vibes and prayers our way!  Oklahoma here we come!  Fingers crossed that our first stop will be Memphis tomorrow evening...

2 comments: