Monday, November 21, 2016

Hello from El Paso!

I don't have an appropriate photo for this post because my phone has no storage currently, so here's a sneak peek of Liesl from her Christmas photo shoot. : )

We arrived to our new home city of El Paso on Saturday night!  Liesl slept the whole four hours from Midland, so we drove straight through.  That was a huge blessing, as we had a rough drive the day before.  There weren't many stops for comforting a crying baby between Lawton and Midland, which made for a sad Liesl and a sad mama.

Tonight is our last night in the hotel - we're signing the lease for our new house in the morning!  AND we found out the moving truck will arrive on Wednesday.  No waiting weeks for our washer and dryer and bed this time!  I'm so thankful this has all gone so smoothly (knock on wood).

El Paso and Fort Bliss are both big places!  I'm definitely feeling a tad overwhelmed at the moment by all of it, but I'm sure this will feel like home in no time at all.  We can see the Mexican border from our hotel!  It'll be interesting to learn how living so close to another country will affect our lives.

I'll be sure to share some photos of our new home as soon as I can.  As always, I'm ridiculously excited about deciding where to place furniture and decorating.

Thanks for keeping up with us!  I hope your Thanksgiving week is off to a great start.  I'm both thrilled and a little surprised that it's the holiday season already.  This has been a FAST year.  I'm pretty sure all parents say that. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment