Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 30 Weeks


Baby's size: She's as big as a butternut squash (according to What to Expect), a cucumber (according to The Bump), or a platypus (according to the "weird-but-cute animals" theme on OviaPregnancy).  She should be weighing between 3-4 pounds and measuring 15-17 inches (same as last week).

Hi Mr. Platypus!
(image from buzzfeed.com)

What I'm wearing: Maternity jeans, stretchy black ponte leggings, maternity t-shirts with big, long scarves, sweaters, and ponchos are pretty much it right now!  The two dresses I ordered from Asos arrived this week, and I wore one (pictured above) for Thanksgiving with the Mister's family.  It fits really loosely, and I'm a little self conscious just because I feel VERY pregnant in it, but it's comfortable and the color is festive.  The second one that I ordered to wear at our baby shower is made from a thinner, more "jersey-ish" fabric, so I don't love the way it fits over my growing belly.  I'm hoping if I find a slip to smooth things out I'll be okay with wearing it in front of everyone at our shower.

Weight gained:  We've been traveling for the holiday since midweek, but as of Wednesday morning my weight gain was at 30 pounds.  I'm not sure if it increased over Thanksgiving with all the yummy foods and desserts around.  I've been getting full really quickly though, so I doubt it has increased substantially. At this point, I think my stomach is pretty much in my rib cage, so it's no wonder I don't have room for much food!

Working out: My exercise has consisted only of walking this week since we haven't been home much.  On Monday, I set a new personal pregnancy record of six miles!  Before we left for South Carolina on Wednesday, I took a shorter walk, only about forty minutes.  Then, on Friday morning, the Mister helped me walk off some of my Thanksgiving sluggishness with a short jaunt around his neighborhood.  Yesterday, my mom and I walked four or five miles, and hopefully we'll do that again today before Chris and I head back home.

New Symptoms:  Like last week, I'm not having any new symptoms, but the old ones are definitely still around.  I'm having a really hard time with acid reflux, and the Zantac and Tums are pretty worthless at this point (probably also related to my stomach and intestines being squished up toward my ribs).  Even though things can get pretty uncomfortable at times, I'm really thankful that I'm not having any of the trouble with swollen legs and feet that a lot of pregnant women experience and that at almost seven months I'm still mobile and able to exercise.

Days until my next appointment: Just two days!  Our next appointment is on Tuesday.  I'll be interested to see how far away our practitioner will schedule my next appointment.  We had a four week break between this one and the last one.  I don't know if she'll want to wait another four weeks or start seeing me every two weeks now since we're at only about two months to go.

Food aversions: I can't remember being particularly grossed out by anything this week!

Food cravings: Still ice cream and pretty much all dairy products!  I LOVE chocolate milk.

How I'm sleeping: I'm still very tired and sleeping well.  Sometimes I do wake up in the early morning hours and have a hard time getting back to sleep, but all in all I can't complain.

What I'm looking forward to in the near future: Our baby shower is less than two weeks away!  It's going to be such a fun night with friends and family.  And it will be so relieving to feel a bit more prepared for baby's arrival afterward!

Feeling baby move: She's moving more and more!  I feel her almost every time I sit still for a few a moments.  Often, her kicks are much higher, close to my ribs, so I'm happy she seems to be settling into a better position for birth and is no longer squashed down in my pelvis all the time.

Innie or outie: Still an innie!  I'm thinking it's going to stay that way.

My sister Caroline got in on the bump photos this week!

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and safe travels!  I'm so excited it's officially CHRISTMAS TIME!  And that means baby will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment