Tuesday, February 2, 2016

BABY DIXON IS HERE!


Liesl Ann Dixon
Born January 27, 2016, at 2:05 am
7 lbs., 9 oz.





A week ago tomorrow, our little one came into the world!

Liesl is a name I've always wanted to name a daughter, and lucky for me, the Mister loved the name for her (he even called her Liesl in utero before we even knew she was a girl).  It's pronounced with a soft "z," like "diesel" or an artist's "easel."  Ann is for my grandmother (my mom's mom), as it was her middle name.  Three of my best friends have the middle name Ann as well, including our friend who set Chris and me up way back when, so it seemed only fitting. : )

I'm sorry I never posted a 38 week pregnancy update!  But last Monday, the first day of my 39th week, we headed to labor and delivery because my blood pressure was high and I had a terrible headache.  And that's how this whole process began!  I'm hoping I'll have the time between feedings in the next few days to sit down and write Liesl's birth story, both because I want to post it here and for my memory.  I worry I've already forgotten so much!  It's hard to decide whether this week has gone by super slowly or very quickly.





Don't worry, there will be a thousand more photos where these came from!  I mostly just stare at her all day.

I can't wait to share more about life with Liesl with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment