Saturday, March 15, 2014

Our Life as of Late (mostly in iPhone photos)


Sorry about the quality of my pictures.  I promise some day I'll buy a nice camera so I can have decent photos for you to enjoy.

Our life lately has been a lot of this:


And this:

He was sad his internet was slow because of bad weather. : (

I love seeing my Mister, even if he is all blurry.  Unfortunately, Skyping has not been possible these past couple of days as I have had to work during our daily conversation time.  Since I'm working the same shift tomorrow, we won't be able to talk tomorrow either.  Bummer...  Not being in constant contact has been quite an adjustment.  When someone is mean to me on the phone at work, I can't send the Mister a text to complain and receive some emotional reassurance.  And when I see something online that reminds me of him, I can't take a screenshot of it on my phone and send it to him right away.  It's funny how much those small things mean, but in some ways it's good to have the reminder of how lucky I am to have a husband who enjoys (or at least tolerates) talking to me all day every day when he's in the same country as me.

When I do get to talk to him lately, he is usually returning from or getting ready to go to work, dinner, or the gym. He is loving having time to lift weights every day.  It's maybe his favorite hobby so that is definitely a plus to the whole deployment thing.

Since I had a few consecutive days off from work this week, I spent some time in Burlington with my family, and while I was there I decided to attempt to make dog-shaped chocolate chip cookies inspired by something I saw on Pinterest a while back.












As you can see, I should have used a bigger pan so the cookies wouldn't get squashed up against one another as they baked.  And I am not an expert cookie decorator.  The one that was supposed to look like Lulu looks more like an Ewok from Star Wars. (Don't ask me where that reference came from.  I don't remember the last time I watched a Star Wars movie.)  The cookies were a fun adventure though and kept my family entertained for an evening.  I think I should post a "Nailed it!" photo on Pinterest.


A few more photo tidbits from the last few days:

Lulu being a huge creep about wanting some of Caroline's lunch


Green nails for St. Patty's! (My favorite shade - "Leaf Him at the Altar" by OPI for Sephora)

Chris sent me this one all the way from his new digs.  He claims he gets better sleep in that little twin bed than he does here in our queen sized bed with the puppy dogs and me.  I actually believe him.

Some awesome snuggles Luellen and I had when we returned from our walk this evening -  It was 72 degrees out when we walked, so I wore shorts and showed off my pale legs to everyone in the neighborhood.  C'mon spring!  Folks around here are beyond ready for it to get warm and stay that way after the frigidness of this winter.


And that's about it for now!  I'm watching "About Time," a movie that made my favorites list when Chris and I went and saw it while it was in theaters.  Honestly, I really should have bought it instead of renting it from Redbox because I'm going to want to watch it again and again and again.  I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet!  Chris enjoyed it and that is saying A LOT for a chick flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment